Saturday, August 22, 2009

From Saturday August 15, 2009

Hey All,
Here is some exciting news. I got up to the garden on Saturday morning for a deep watering.
First exciting thing: Bruce finished constructing all the beds!


Then as I was rummaging through all of the intense squash leaves to start watering I saw bees and ladybugs and big squash blossoms. Then as I was watering the corn and the cucumber I saw this:


Our first cucumber! It pretty much made my day.

In other news, I met the new president, Jonathan Veitch, and his wife, Anna. They are both EXTREMELY excited and enthusiastic about the garden. Anna immediately asked if she could come 'volunteer' in the garden and expressed that she wanted to build a garden at the president's house!

1 comment:

  1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all amazing! I need to get photoshop so we can crop the picture. We'll work on it when I get back!

    ReplyDelete