Monday, January 4, 2010

The State of the Garden

Happy New Year Everyone!
I just wanted to let everybody know how the garden is keeping up. I've been harvesting so much broccoli, kale, , lettuce, cilantro, peas, and pea vines (which are really sweet and make a nice addition to a salad). AND I have been watching everything grow- we have spinach, radishes, fava beans, fennel, carrots, beets, sage, brussel sprouts and a gazillion other things that have all sprouted. Here are some pictures:

--Swiss chard/ beets/ arugula
--Broccoli
--Fennel (my personal favorite)
--Fava Beans (they kind of look like little claws clawing out of the soil)

I can't wait for everyone to get back. Remember, we are building the chicken coop the first week of school, so get your building/hammering/drilling hands ready!

Also, check out our awesome sun flowers:

1 comment:

  1. yay for favas! we should harvest the flowers and leaves too.

    ReplyDelete